Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

A stout cupcake indeed

I have done it again. I am on my mission of baking like a fiend. My friend Ryan, who I worked with for the last few years, is leaving us in Sacramento. He got a promotion and is moving away. In order to send him off right, I decided to bake him some cupcakes ( of course!) I tried to figure out an appropriate recipe and I found it- Chocolate Stout cupcakes with an Irish Cream frosting.  With it being St. Paddy's day in a few days, I thought this was a great match.

The cupcakes are actually quite simple to make, so I will probably keep this one in my arsenal. These little cakes are made with Guinness beer ( or any other stout beer) and cocoa powder. For those who know me, I am not a dark beer type of gal so I have never even had Guinness to drink so I was hoping that the cupcakes would be delicious or else I was making a huge batch of nasty. To my delight, they cupcakes were delish and the frosting even more divine.


Cheers to you Ryan! We are going to miss you and wish you nothing but luck on your next big adventure!

No comments:

Post a Comment