Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

A pink cupcake type of day

I am the queen of baked goods. Martha Stewart step aside- Jenny Martinez is the new name in baking. I have often thought( several times actually) about opening my own bakery. The name: Fluffy Cakes and Rainbows - stemming from my love for fun and cheery things.

Lately I have been experimenting with different recipes and of course torturing my co-workers along the way. When I say "torture", I really mean, " thank goodness I have people to bring all these sweets to".  I decided to post some pics of my recent adventures. I do have to say thank you to Martha Stewart for inspiring me to try most of her cupcake recipes. I have been slowly working my way through her book and tweaking the recipes along the way. Here is a pic of one of my most recent endeavors:




It is a Strawberry Cupcake with fresh chopped strawberries folded into the batter and a vanilla frosting tinted pink of course. This was actually a test run for my girlfriend's baby shower. I piped the icing on and had to try several different tips before I decided on the final product shown here:


Dotted with little white edible pearls and pink sprinkles it just screams "pinkalicious"!

I made these last night and today brought them into work. Thank goodness my co-workers don't mind being my guinea pigs!

I love the color pink. When I see this cupcake it makes me smile and think about how lucky I am to be blessed with the baker's thumb ( is that even a saying?) Looking forward to posting more about m baking endeavor!

1 comment:

  1. WOW. Those are beautiful! I love the name of your future bakery!

    ReplyDelete