Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Monday, March 21, 2011

Dim Sum Sunday

Yesterday Greg and I had lunch with my mom. In order to have lunch with her, we had to drive to Modesto. Well, we didn't have to but rather decided we would meet halfway between Madera and Sacramento. We decided to go to this place I found on Yelp . For those of you who might not know what Yelp is, it is a website that lets people post ratings and reviews on anything and everything. I had used Yelp before when choosing places to go eat, get my hair done and even reading about my workplace
( most comments were nice although a few were kinda strange).

The original plan had been for my mom to come up to Sacramento for the weekend. the awful storm that had come in on Friday had decided to rear its' ugly head through the end of the weekend, so Mama Smith decided to change her plans ( and I don't blame her since I hate driving in the wind and the rain) . When she comes to town, we usually go to New Canton for dim sum. Another side note: Dim Sum is asian cuisine where you typically have small dishes brought out on carts and you can pick whatever you like and it is relatively inexpensive.  Mama Smith loves her dim sum. I mean, loves it. We usually go every time she comes to town. This was a sad day when Mama decided to cancel the road trip. I came up with the ideal solution- let's meet halfway in Modesto.

I read the reviews on Yelp and was quite excited and impressed to find dim sum in Modesto. This place is called Dynasty Garden and it was amazing. The dim sum was made to order- which is rare in Chinese Restaurants and our waiter even recommended a soup dish for us. They had all the shrimp balls and fried foods that we typically loved, along with some other interesting things ( we passed on the chicken feet) and it was all delicious. If any of you find yourselves in Modesto looking for a place to eat try Dynasty Garden- you won't be disappointed!

What can I say- the way to my heart was spending the day with Mama Smith, Greg and fried shrimp balls!

3 comments:

  1. That is where we go! You were right by my house!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad you were able to meet up with the momma smith:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds yummy, I haven't had dim sum that I've liked ever really. I will have to try it this year!

    ReplyDelete