Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Friday, July 13, 2012

Announcing Mr. Cole

I just realized that I hadn't really introduced our adorable baby boy.

Cole Louis
April 21, 2012
2:06 p.m.
7 lbs. 10 oz. 20 in.






He was actually one week, five days early. It was a nice surprise that he decided to show up early. I had just seen my doctor the day before and he told me that I could be "50/50". I wasn't sure what he meant by that but he said I looked too good to be ready to give birth. My ankles weren't crazy swollen and I was waddling and smiling. Go figure. His idea of 50/50 was that I could either give birth the following week or actually on my due date. Hearing that actually reassured me. I still had some things to do, people to see and diapers to buy.

I worked on the day I went into labor. I worked, then ran some errands because I wanted to be able to take it easy the next few weeks. I guess the baby knew because I did everything on my list that day and even had dinner with a friend. When I got home that evening, I felt a little weird but I thought I was just tired.  

I waited until Greg got home from a friends house and then I called the advice nurse. She didn't tell me I was in labor but she said I should come on down. Greg thought they would send us home since we still had 2 weeks. Long story short, Cole decided it was time and he showed up in the afternoon the next day.

And here he is!


No comments:

Post a Comment