Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Saturday, July 10, 2010

July 10

Today is the day I am going to talk about Mama Smith. Since today is my actual birthday, the one true person that should be celebrating it is my mom. It is no easy feat ( from what I hear) to give birth to a baby. In fact, it has been compared to having to pass a kidney stone ( which is more painful than childbirth- but stay with me). And then all the diapers, clothing, food, love, wisdom, MONEY, etc, that goes into raising a child. Sheesh! At any rate, it is not an easy thing to raise a child in the world, yet Mama Smith did it and did it well.

Many years ago, I can't remember when, I read an article in some women's magazine about a woman who had a great relationship with her mom. Every year on her birthday, she would send her mom a  sort of birthday/thank- you- for- giving- birth- to- me gift. I decided to borrow that idea and follow her lead. Every year, on July 10, I send my mom a birthday gift. That gift is always accompanied with a heartfelt card. The back story which I haven't told yet is this: my father passed away when I was nine, and it has been just my mom and I since then. She has given me everything and made me who I am today. Without getting mushy, I am truly blessed.

So, today on my birthday I am giving thanks to my mom. You are a beautiful, smart , funny and so many more adjectives could describe you which won't fit on the page woman. I am lucky to have you as my mom and role model to be a good daughter/wife/human being.

I love you Mama!!

3 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Jenny! I need to steal that idea too. I have so much more appreciation for every mom out there, including my own, now that I am a mom. It amazes me every day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can tell you have a wonderful mother, because you are an amazing woman as well:) Love you Jenny! Have a wonderful trip. Blog about it if you can!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so sweet Jenny. And Mama Smith is all those things you describe her as plus many many more! Happy Birthing Day Mama Smith! :)

    ReplyDelete