Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Island fun

As some of you know I am vacationing in the Philippines. For me it is a time to hang out with my family and most importantly get back in touch with my Filipino roots. That may sound silly to some but to me it is actually quite important. As I stepped off the plane from a very long flight- around 14 hours to be exact, I just felt a wave of happiness come over me. Happy to be on vacation, happy to be with Greg and my mom, happy to spend endless hours on the beautiful beaches of the Philippines and of course VERY happy to spend time with my grandparents.

I wish I had lots of time to write about my grandparents right now but in an internet cafe where lots of people wait in line to use the internet I don't have much time, at least not until I get back home. I am going to leave you all with this- my grandparents are everything to me and they make me smile when I think about all the memories we have here and in the states. My grandpa has Alzheimer's and this may be the last time I get to spend quality time with him. I am making the most of it...

The best thing on my trip so far is not the beach, but the time I got to spend with my grandpa this morning- just him, Greg and me- we were laughing. He loves to laugh and I definitely get that from him!

I will hopefully get to write a little more but I wanted to put this down in writing so you all could see what an amazing time we are having so far- family time.
 And the tanning ain't so bad either!!

1 comment: