Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Monday, December 20, 2010

Ugly sweater anyone?

The holiday season brings out the best in me. I love the baking frenzy that ensues in order to spread around some homemade holiday love. I am also one of those people that actually likes Christmas music. My personal fav is I want a Hippopotomus for Christmas. This song is just so funny and the little girl singing it sounds so desperate to have Santa bring her a hippo down the chimney. I also love a good, ugly sweater. You heard me correctly- a GOOD UGLY sweater.

A little background on the ugly sweater thing. Years ago, I was introduced to this at a party honoring the ugly sweater. The point is to show up to the party with a hideous sweater- holiday themed or not. I found  my first ugly sweater at a Thrift store. I had to be a little sensitive to those around me in case I was actually picking up something that other people thought was good looking. The sweater was white with snowflakes on it. Granted it was ugly but not hideous.

Fast forward to the Holidays 2010. At work, we decided to have an ugly sweater contest. I knew I wanted to make mine so I would have one for years to come and not have to worry about finding one at the Thrift store again. I had some stiff competition and the jury is out on who will win the title at work, but one of my co-workers has a beauty of an ugly sweater. Her sweater was bought at a retail establishment ( who shall remain nameless)  in the ladies section- this sweater had the 12 days of Christmas embellished on it and it was gorgeous. I wish I had taken a picture of it to post here. Anyhow, I made mine and Voila! Here it is:

Now, disregard the purple rain boots and shorts even though this adds to the beauty of my outfit. Greg found me little sweater ornaments to sew onto my sweater. Awesome, right? And I also sewed on glitter ornaments- snowflakes and reindeer. I am so proud of my sweater. I cannot wait to wear it next year!

Is this ugly or just unique? An woman at work complimented me and said it was the cutest sweater she had seen. I didn't have the heart to tell her it was supposed t be the ugliest sweater she had ever seen. To each his own!

3 comments:

  1. HA! I can't believe she said it was the cutest sweater she had seen. I actually do like it for an ugly sweater! And I want those mini sweaters on my tree - is that bad? Where can I get those ornaments??!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They were at Target - If you hurry you might be able to get them on clearance! There were some as of this afternoon when I went!! And if you can believe it I actually bought a couple more!

    ReplyDelete